The Caregivers Training Grant (CTG) provides caregivers with subsidies to attend training that builds their capabilities in caring for the physical and socio-emotional needs of their dependents.
Regardless of income levels, families/caregivers can tap on an annual training grant of $200 for every dependent under their care to attend training programmes that have been pre-approved by the Centre for Enabled Living (CEL).
From 1 April 2011 onwards, besides tapping on the grant to offset training fees, caregivers will also need give a co-payment of $10 (paid to the training provider) when they register for courses under CTG.
This co-payment serves to encourage caregivers to attend the courses they have registered for, and maximise their learning opportunities in the process.
(Note that the annual training grant is subject to change, and pre-approval does not constitute endorsement or accreditation.)
Family members or foreign domestic workers who are the main caregivers of seniors or persons with disabilities who are Singaporeans or Permanent Residents.
(Source: Centre for Enable Living. www.cel.sg)
AquaFins has two programme being endorsed by Centre for Enable Living (CEL) under Financial work year for 2011/2012. They are:-
- 1. AQUATIC SAFETY & MANAGEMENT FOR CAREGIVER (PERSON WITH ID, HI, VI, AUTISM & LEARNING DISORDER) - CTG/2011/0007/001
- 2. AQUATIC SAFETY & MANAGEMENT FOR CAREGIVER (PERSON WITH PHYSICAL DISABILITY) - CTG/2011/0008/001
To equip caregiver with the knowledge and skills to handle one with special needs in an aquatic environment.
To enhance the safety aspect of caregiver in an aquatic environment when handling one with special needs.
Caregiver will be able to assess environment and individual for safety before, during and after each aquatic session.
Caregiver will be able to handle and manage one with special needs in an aquatic environment.
Caregiver will be able to conduct aquatic activities and exercise to aid one with special needs to promote healthy lifestyle.
- 1. All applicants are to complete the registration form (Application Form for Caregivers Training Grant) and submit back to us either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 66005101
- 2. All Applicants are registered based on a first come first serve basis.
- 3. Successful applicant applying for this course through the grant will be notified and co-payment of S$10 must be make before the commencement of the course.
- 4. Once the course grant for that quarter is fully utilised or applicant has fully utilised the yearly grant of S$200, applicant has to make full payment of S$68 in order to secure a placement for the course.
- 5. All payment must be received one week prior the commencement of the course. If not, you application may be rejected.
- 6. Registrations received after seats are filled will be returned with regrets.
- 7. Payment
a. By Cheque
Cheque issue to AQUAFINS
Mailing address : BLK 491B #10-402 TAMPINES AVE 9 SINGAPORE 521491.
Note: Indicate your name and IC number on the back of the cheque.
b. Bank Transfer
Bank: POSB Saving Account
Account number: 170-09229-5
- a. By Cheque
- 8. You will receive a confirmation email once your registration is successful.
Download registration form.